Amaze World is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers’ personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your personal information:
Personal information includes any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable regardless of whether the information is true or not. Amaze World only collects personal information (and sensitive health information) which is necessary for, or related to, one or more of its functions or activities.
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend upon the type of interaction that you have with us. Broadly speaking, the types of personal information that we collect may include:
- your name, address, email address and telephone details;
- age and date of birth;
- credit card, bank account details and tax file numbers;
- health information;
- where applicable your licence, vehicle registration and insurance details;
- your image, if you are photographed at one of our venues; and
- if you apply for a job in one of our businesses, details about your education, employment history, membership of professional associations, referees and next of kin.
Where we collect sensitive information from you (such as health information or details of memberships of professional associations) we will only do so with your consent.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways, including:
- when you send us an e-mail, “contact us” message or make any other form of written enquiry;
- via mobile sites, applications, widgets and other mobile interactive features (collectively “Apps”);
- via our official social media pages that we control, such as the official pages for our various businesses on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- when you visit or call us to ask about our services;
- when you sign up to use our services, whether online or in person;
- when you make a booking;
- when you enter a promotion, competition, provide feedback or participate in a survey, market research or other promotional activities which we (or one of our agents) conduct;
- when you purchase tickets, either from us or one of our resellers;
- when you sign up to receive our newsletters or marketing material; and
- when you submit an application for employment with us.
Some of our venues have surveillance cameras which may capture your image. We may use this information in respect of the management and security of our venue and it may be provided to law enforcement and government bodies for these purposes.
We may also collect personal information from third parties, for example:
- your friends via a refer a friend promotion;
- our commercial partners with whom we organise discounts or other promotional arrangements for members and customers;
- someone duly authorised to act on your behalf;
- debit and payment service providers who process transactions on behalf of our various businesses;
- market research organisations we engage to conduct market research;
- our official pages on social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; and
Access by children
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used by us in a number of ways, including:
- for the purpose requested;
- to respond to your query or feedback;
- to process your application for membership or to use or purchase one of our products or services;
- to process your order;
- to promote and market all current and future products and services and to inform you about the products and services;
- to process and consider your application for employment;
- to assist with our internal business processes;
- for market research purposes and to improve our product and service offering;
- to administer contests, promotions and surveys;
- for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect; and
- to enable us to comply with our obligations under the law.
How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information in a variety of circumstances including to:
- contractors, agents and suppliers we engage to provide products and/or perform services for us, for example, customer feedback analysts, digital marketing agencies, online shopping cart service providers and payment processors;
- commercial partners with whom we have agreed information sharing arrangements;
- our professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants;
- law enforcement bodies;
- a purchaser of all or part of Amaze World’s business; and
- any other person for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected (including if required by law).
We do not sell your name or other personal information to third parties.
How you can access or remove your personal information
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us. You are also able to request us to remove your details should you wish to “opt out” in the future. Should you wish to access or remove your details, please email us at [email protected]
If there is a lawful reason for not providing you with access, we will provide you with a written explanation and will inform you of the mechanism to complain about our refusal at that time.
Please note that we will respond to your requests as soon as reasonably practicable.
Security measures to protect your information
Amaze World takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information and to prevent the misuse, interference, loss, modification and unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information.
We also ensure where possible that our contractors, agents, commercial partners and third party service providers have the same information security measures in place.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant its complete security. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have an online account with us, your account will be able to be accessed by anyone who knows your login details. You should keep your login details, and any other information you use to remember these details, private and secure.
However, if you nevertheless prefer not to receive cookies, you can configure your Internet browser on your electronic device to reject them, or to notify you if they are being used. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Privacy Complaint or concern
If you have a complaint or concern about the way in which your privacy has been handled by Amaze World, please email us at [email protected] We will proactively investigate your complaint or concern and provide you with our response within a reasonable timeframe. If, after receiving our response, you still consider that your privacy complaint or concern has not been resolved, you may then take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).